3D Bioprinting Market- Overview
Acknowledging the kind of traction gained by this market, Market Research Future (MRFR) in its recently published a study report asserts that the 3D bioprinting market size report has valued the industry at USD 1.9 billion in 2022 and is projected to grow from USD 2.19 Billion in 2023 to USD 5.17 billion by 2030, exhibiting a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.40% during the forecast period (2023 – 2030).
3D Bioprinting Market- Latest News on Technological Developments
- University of California, Berkeley researchers have created a novel 3D bioprinting method that can accurately and precisely produce complex tissues. The process, known as “multiscale bioprinting,” combines a variety of printing techniques to produce tissues that are more functional and realistic than those that can be produced using conventional 3D bioprinting techniques.
- An innovative bioink that can be used to 3D print living cells has been created by a team of researchers from the University of Texas in Austin. Cells may be printed while maintaining their vitality and functionality thanks to a bioink called “CellPrint,” which is composed of a combination of collagen and gelatin.
- A company by the name of Organovo has declared that the FDA has approved its 3D bioprinted liver tissue. The tissue is known as “LiverChip,” and it is used to research how medications and toxins affect liver cells.
3D Bioprinting Market- Recent News on Industry Investments
- In February 2023: 3D Systems announced that SoftBank Vision Fund 2 and other investors have contributed $100 million to the company. The cash will be used by the business to advance the advancement of its 3D bioprinting technology.
- In March 2023: ARCH Venture Partners led a $15 million Series A fundraising round for Alef Biotechnology. For the purpose of producing tissues and organs for transplantation, the company is developing 3D bioprinting technology.
- In April 2023: BRM Capital led a $20 million Series C fundraising round for CollPlant. The company is working on 3D bioprinting technology to produce tissues and organs from collagen obtained from plants.
3D Bioprinting is an embryonic technology which has the potential to transform the medical field with its capacity to bio fabricate living tissues and organs using a patient’s own cells in combination with different biomaterials. Although, this disruptive technology is still in its infancy researchers, innovators and early adopters are improving the performance of the technology stepwise as it grows. As a result, the 3D bioprinting market is growing pervasively.
Currently, the 3D bioprinting is used to print tissues and organs to help research drugs and pills.
Currently, the 3D bioprinting majorly involves in the creation of simple tissue structures in lab settings but is estimated to be risen up to involve the creation of complete organs for transplants. This technology is expected to be used for swifter and more accurate drug testing, as potential drug compounds could be tested on bio-printed tissue before human trials begun.
Global 3D Bioprinting Market – Segments:
The MRFR analysis is segmented into five key dynamics for the convenience of understanding.
By Techniques : Electron Beam Melting, The Laser Beam Melting (photo polymerization, stereo lithography, two-photon polymerization, and others.) and Droplet Disposition (inkjet printing, fused disposition methods, multi-phase jet solidification, and others.) among others.
By Applications : Clinical (tissue transplantation, bone grafts, vascular grafts, wound care, and others), and Research (regenerative medicine, personalized healthcare, 3D cell culture, and others) among others.
By Materials: Cells, extracellular matrices, fibrinogen, alginate and Hydrogels among others.
By End Users : Biotechnology Companies, and Academic Institutes among others.
By Regions : North America, Europe, APAC and the Rest-of-the-World.
Global 3D Bioprinting Market – Regional Analysis
The North America market dominates the global 3D Bioprinting market owing to the increasing healthcare expenditure followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific. North America market for 3D Bioprinting is expected to continue with its dominance in the years to come owing to the favorable government regulations coupled with a well-developed healthcare sector and huge patient population for organ transplantation. Furthermore, the growing biotech sector along with the presence of global players like Organovo Holdings, Inc. and Stratasys Ltd. boosts the market growth.
The Europe region accounts for the second-largest 3D Bioprinting market attributing to the increased research & development activities in the field backed by the government support and funds. The market is expected to grow due to the high per capita healthcare expenditures along with the presence of the developed economies like Germany, the UK and France within the region.
Whereas attributing to the huge population and the burgeoning medical treatment market in the region, Asia-Pacific market is emerging as the fastest growing market for 3D Bioprinting. Growing markets of India, China, and Brazil backed by the increasing consumers’ awareness & improved lifestyle provide impetus to the market growth. Besides, the improved economy in the region presages the potential this market holds to grow further, creating the opportunities in the 3D Bioprinting market during the forecast period.
On the other hand, the Middle East & Africa market witnesses impedimental growth due to the unmet medical needs aroused due to the unavailability of funds, limited medical facilities and the poor political conditions in Africa.
Global 3D Bioprinting Market – Competitive Analysis
With a good number of key players to adorn the global market of 3D bioprinting appears to be a fairly stable industry as far as eyes can see. Innovation, Collaboration, mergers & acquisitions, and brand reinforcement remain the key trends for leading players in the market. However, these market players appear to be reluctant to collaborate as engineering firms and suppliers may be reluctant to provide CAD drawings/input to clients, as they risk losing IP.
One of the prominent players, Organovo of USA, which also happens to be the first official 3D bioprinting company, found their niche market in providing pharmaceutical companies with human tissue on demand that can be used for drug screening applications. The cosmetic giant L’Oreal is collaborating with Organovo for toxicity testing. Aspect Biosystems that is developing printed tissue for drug testing.
The fervent players profiled in the 3D bio-printing market overview report include Cellink AB (Sweden), Organovo Holdings, Inc. (US), Bio3D Technologies (Singapore), Stratasys Ltd. (US), Aspect Biosystems Ltd. (Canada), Fathom (US), Materialise (US), Envisiontec, Inc. (Germany), Allevi (US), Nano3D Biosciences, Inc. (US), 3Dynamic Systems Ltd. (UK), Cyfuse Biomedical K.K. (Tokyo), REGENHU (Switzerland), and Poietis (France).
About Market Research Future:
Market Research Future (MRFR) is a global market research company that takes pride in its services, offering a complete and accurate analysis with regard to diverse markets and consumers worldwide. Market Research Future has the distinguished objective of providing the optimal quality research and granular research to clients. Our market research studies by products, services, technologies, applications, end users, and market players for global, regional, and country level market segments, enable our clients to see more, know more, and do more, which help answer your most important questions.
Market Research Future (Part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited)
99 Hudson Street, 5Th Floor
New York, NY 10013
United States of America
+1 628 258 0071 (US)
+44 2035 002 764 (UK)
Email: [email protected]